Want to know more about this Castle? View the listing on the agency’s website.
In the heart of France, ten minutes from the motorway, a 17th century mansion connected to a neo-Gothic castle built in 1882.
The two main buildings, with a total surface of about 1400 m2 (old castle 650 m2, new castle 750 m2) are articulated around a monumental tower sheltering the main staircase.
The outbuildings include a neo-Gothic common (boxes, garage, former housing), a barn, a gardners house and an enclosed garden.
The original English park (7 ha),, is a a meadow with a far away view on a preserved landscape surrounded by century-old wooden wreath.
The old castle has preserved its 18th century decoration and decors to which contemporary comfort has been added. Large and small vestibules, kitchen, four living rooms and eleven bedrooms that were, during twenty years, exploited in guest rooms.
The new castle with it, dormer windows, slender roofs, finely carved stone ornaments, is a prestigious building. The entrance is an armored door overlooking a sumptuous stone staircase on a colonnade. Entresol of services on the whole surface. On the first floor, vestibule, large and small lounges, dining room, office; High French ceilings on historiated consoles, oak paneling, draperies, fireplaces; Terrace and stairs to the park. On the second floor, gallery and two large apartments; Paneling and painted ceilings. Top floor: eight secondary rooms. Watchtower at the top of the tower.
The whole is in good state of conservation. The roofs of the castle, completely restored, are being completed